subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Aldrich <David.Aldr...@EU.NEC.COM>
Subject Questions about svn:externals
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:02:43 GMT
Hi

I wonder if anyone would answer the following questions about svn:external for me please?

1) Subversion allows you to commit a change within the directory that uses the svn:external
property. This change will not be committed to the referenced (source) directory/repo. I can't
imagine a circumstance where one would want to do this, so how can we prevent such commits
being made?

2) What would happen if the developer did not have read access to the repo that is referenced
in the svn:external? Would a checkout of the project that uses the external complete without
error, except that the external code would not appear?

Best regards

David