subversion-users mailing list archives

From LiuYan 刘研 <lovet...@21cn.com>
Subject Need advice on when to commit and how many commits to issue when multiple files changed
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 06:25:41 GMT
Hi all,

I'm new to subversion. I used CVSNT before.

Because a single svn commit will result in a whole new revision tree, so
currently I commit all changes once per day after work (to avoid too many
revisions because of my old CVS habit).

But I'm afraid it's not a proper way, so:
- Should file A and B be commited separately?
- Should file A be commited more than once per day?
- How to issue these commits when there's 1 single subversion user?
- How to issue these commits in team working project?

Any advice will be appreciated.