subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Checked Out CGI not served by Apache
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 21:14:09 GMT

On Oct 5, 2010, at 16:00, James Simpson wrote:

> Hi, I am currently trying to set up a python cgi based websystem. I am using an SVN to
backup the entirety of my ./www directory. When I create python files manually and access
them from the browser they work fine. But if they are checked out from the svn they do not
get served by apache and it returns a 500 internal server error instead.
> The permissions of the files appear to be fine as they match the permissions and ownerships
of the manually created files. What might be causing this behaviour as I cant see the difference
between the files created manually and those checked out from the svn.

James, I notice you haven't received many replies to your question, which I imagine is because
you've told us "I have two files that are behaving differently but there is nothing different
about them" which doesn't give us much to go on. Clearly there has to be a difference somewhere,
and since you're in front of the computer and not us, you'll have to figure out what it is.
You already think you've ruled out everything, so start over and rule out nothing; re-check
everything. Investigate contents of files, Subversion properties, permissions, ownership,
security context (if using SELinux). Investigate permissions and ownership of all parent directories.
Double-check everything about the Apache configuration. And check the Apache access and error
logs for more clues. Good luck.