subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svndump filter: How to pretend files were added to trunk
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 13:36:02 GMT
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Mathieu Malaterre
<mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am trying to cleanup my SVN history. Back in the beginning of the
> project I started using SVN without the standard layout (trunk,
> branches, tags parent dir). Now using svndumpfilter, I would like to
> pretend that initial history [r1-1097] did happen within the trunk
> directory. For that I use svnadmin dump and then play with node-path
> using sed:

There is something in the redbean book that talks about redoing your
repository layout at http://bit.ly/cLQ3CZ. I'm not sure if you looked
at this, but it might give you an idea what you need to do. I've
personally never attempted this trick, but it is apparently possible.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com