subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to compile trunk build / "wc-queries.h" file not found in repository
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2010 13:58:04 GMT
On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 3:47 AM, Stefan Sperling <stsp@elego.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 11:22:26AM +0530, Sachin wrote:
>> Hello friends,
>> I am trying to compile the subversion's trunk code.
>> It needs *wc-queries.h* file to compile
>> The \trunk\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c file tries to include the *
>> wc-queries.h* file which I couldn't find in trunk repository.
>>
>> Please let me know where I can get this file or is there any way to compile
>> without this file.
>
> This file should be auto-generated by a python script run during the
> build.  Make sure you have python installed and in your PATH.
>
> Stefan

And make sure you have a *recent enough* python. RPMforge has given up
on building recent Subversion releases for RHEL 4/CentOS 4 because of
the dependencies on a recent Python for this step: you have to
actually build a local copy of Python and refer to it in your build
environment to get the most recent configuration toolchain to work on
these OS's.

It's an unfortunate dependency: nothing in the software actually
requires such a recent Python, only the configuration toolchain.