subversion-users mailing list archives

From Mauro Adolfo San Martin Ramas <msmar...@userena.cl>
Subject Repository organization for complex project
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:05:43 GMT
Hi,

So far I have been using svn in rather simple settings: at most some
branches and merges limited to one dev tree.

However, now I need to set up a repository for a project composed by several
modules where different subprojects (comprised by subsets of modules) need
to be compiled and tested independently. Usually each team is actively
developing only one module but requires the latest (or stable) versions of
some of the others to build and test.

For instance, if p_i are projects and m_i are modules, I need to configure
svn to support

    m_1 m_2 m_3 m_4 m_5

p_1  u   u   d

p_2  d       u   u   u

p_3      u   u   d

where d means active development of module j by project i, and u only use.

Is such a setting possible with svn? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mauro San Martín