subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Compiling mod_dav_svn against an installed Apache2 instance ?
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:48:19 GMT

On Oct 17, 2010, at 11:02, Nelson Cabral wrote:

> I downloaded apache 2.2.16 sources and compiled with make, but where
> are the binaries ? I'm not familiar with linux conventions :-/ Do
> binaries have an extension ?

No, binaries on UNIX do not have any filename extensions.

Each project is free to organize its directory structure however it likes; there isn't any
standard place within the source directory where the binaries are guaranteed to be. After
you've built apache, the "find" command on the apache source directory could help you locate
where they've decided to put their binaries. Here's what I get on my system:

$ find httpd-2.2.16 -name apxs
httpd-2.2.16/support/apxs

By the way, it turns out apxs is not a binary at all but an executable script.