subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Compiling mod_dav_svn against an installed Apache2 instance ?
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 14:56:20 GMT

On Oct 17, 2010, at 09:40, Nelson Cabral wrote:

> Not installed (find & which don't return anything).
> I guess I have to install apache-devel, haven't I? Are there
> instructions somewhere? 'apache-devel' on google returns nothing :-/
>

> In case you wonder, it looks like ipkg only install compiled software.
> For my NAS, available packages are here
> http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/syno-x07/cross/unstable/ .
> I can't find any apxs on this list.

"apache-devel" is what some package managers might call the headers and other parts of apache
that are only needed in order to build other software that uses it. Apparently the ipkg package
manager does not provide any packages of this kind. (Well, I found exactly one in the list:
cyrus-imapd-devel.) I guess they don't want to make it easy for you to install other software
on that box. If you really want to do it, you'll have to wade through compiling everything
yourself.