subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: difference between subversion 1.4.2 repository and 1.6.12 repository
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:42:50 GMT

On Oct 19, 2010, at 10:51, Kriparam Faraday wrote:

> Can someone tell me the difference between a 1.4.2 repository and 1.6.12 repository?
I recently upgraded all our repositories(along with the subversion server) from 1.4.2 to 1.6.12.
I ran the svnadmin verify, tested check-in, check-out,add,delete file etc... Everything looks
good. But, I wanted to know if the repositories are truly 1.6 now? How do I find that out?
what is the difference between the two repositories.

> I found this online, but it didnt help much: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/notes/repos_upgrade_HOWTO

Yes, that HOWTO appears to be old. Refer to the current versions' release notes instead.

You should upgrade your repositories using "svnadmin upgrade". See:

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.5.html#repos-upgrades

and:

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.6.html#repos-upgrades

Refer to the "Minimum Repository" column of this table:

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.5.html#new-feature-compatibility-table

and of this table:

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.6.html#new-feature-compatibility-table

to see what features you're missing by not doing this.