subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Implementing lightweight client over http. Where to start?
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:56:51 GMT

On Oct 18, 2010, at 06:42, Andrew Roughan wrote:

> Porting the full svn client to my environment is not something I am willing to undertake
myself.
> So as an alternative I wanted to implement some Quick & Dirty interface over HTTP
hopefully with a cleartext password.
> Is there a document that describes the http interfaces to svn server for each function?

Subversion uses many other libraries to get its job done, including apr and apr-util, expat,
neon or serf, sqlite and others, and Subversion is itself divided into several libraries that
carry out the various tasks. I think if the Subversion developers could have might Subversion
lighter, they would have, and I don't think you will be able to make any such "quick and dirty"
client without having to reimplement most of Subversion, which, as you may know, represents
ten years worth of work.

What is this mysterious environment you have where Subversion does not already run?

To answer your question, the Subversion HTTP interface is WebDAV, so you can read up on that.