subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Better way to get the full rule of the last commit?
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 03:50:00 GMT
On Oct 10, 2010, at 22:37, Tech Geek wrote:

>> That is not possible for SVN to determine, as it does not know *how* you are serving
the repository (HTTP, HTTPS, svn+ssh, svn, etc). $REPOS will give you the physical path to
the repository, not necessarily the publicly accessible path.

> That not a problem. I can always prefix the protocol like file:///, http://, https://
or svn:// to the full URL.

> For example if somehow svnlook can somehow return this:
> /var/lib/svn/projectA/PartA/tags/DEV-1.00_RC5
> say in variable called URL then I do this:
>
> URL="file:///$URL"

I think you can see that that would only work for the file: protocol, and maybe the svn+ssh:
protocol.

For svn:, http: and https:, you extremely likely will not actually have "/var/lib/svn" as
part of the URL; you'll configure your Subversion server to restrict repositories to exist
within that directory, and expose them under a different URL.

So, it's up to you to prepend what you want to the path-within-repository part returned by
svnlook.