subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Need advice on when to commit and how many commits to issue when multiple files changed
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:54:49 GMT

On Oct 13, 2010, at 01:25, LiuYan 刘研 wrote:

> I'm new to subversion. I used CVSNT before.

Welcome!

> Because a single svn commit will result in a whole new revision tree, so
> currently I commit all changes once per day after work (to avoid too many
> revisions because of my old CVS habit).
>
> But I'm afraid it's not a proper way, so:
> - Should file A and B be commited separately?

If the changes you made to A and B are related, commit them together. If they are unrelated,
commit them separately. In your commit message, described what you changed.

> - Should file A be commited more than once per day?

If you make more than one logical / functional change to file A per day, then yes; commit
once per thing you changed.

> - How to issue these commits when there's 1 single subversion user?
> - How to issue these commits in team working project?

I don't exactly understand the question, but every team member will have their own working
copy which they can update and commit independently as needed.