subversion-users mailing list archives

From jehan procaccia <jehanpr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn Farm
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2010 19:05:10 GMT
Le 09/10/2010 20:40, Nico Kadel-Garcia a écrit :
> svn+ssh is the most secure, but it conflcts with your desire for LDAP
> access. The SSH keys normally live under a single user's account, the
> user who owns the repository, who hsould have a locked password. You
> see why this conflicts with LDAP based user information and logins?

No, I don't see why it conflicts ?
here's again my scenario,
1) I set and manage all repositories with a unique local unix account
(for example username svn !), that account issues all "svn create" and
owns the repos filesystem directories
2) enable the server to resolve ldapusers (pam & nss ldap), so that the
--tunnel-user=ldapusername option (see 3 below) works.
3) then add ldap users public ssh keys to the ~.ssh/authorized_keys of
that unique svn manager account  as in :
"command="svnserve -t --tunnel-user=ldapusername"ssh_rsa KEYXXXXX...
COMMENT"
The sysadmin (me )  will have to find a way to push ldapusers public
keys to that unique svn manager (script/CGI ...)

Anything wrong in that scenario ?

Thanks .