subversion-users mailing list archives

From jehan procaccia <jehan.procac...@it-sudparis.eu>
Subject Re: svn Farm
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 14:57:07 GMT
  Le 08/10/2010 15:59, Bob Archer a écrit :
>> Now, is collabnet solution able to serve tradition unix shell
>> comand
>> line clients ? is there a svnserve server behind it or is apache
>> able to
>> serve those clients using svn protocol too ?
> BTW: If you have http(s) access you don't also need svn protocol. The svn command line
client supports http(s) just fine.

> BOb
Damn it ! I didn't realized it was possible ... I though svn command
line tool could only talk to svnserve (svn or svn+ssh URLs) .
Indeed, svn + ldaps URL might simplify my project .
However, I already see a usage diffulty, any time I issue a svn command
line, I'am asked to enter my password (apache authN !) , is there a
workaround to that authN password call ?
with svn+ssh I could push ssh public keys once for all .

thanks .