subversion-users mailing list archives

From jehan procaccia <jehan.procac...@it-sudparis.eu>
Subject Re: svn Farm
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 08:10:42 GMT
  Le 08/10/2010 02:19, Nico Kadel-Garcia a écrit :
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:18 PM, jehan procaccia
> <jehan.procaccia@it-sudparis.eu>  wrote:
>>> Subversion Edge(http://www.open.collab.net/go/csvne2_r2a/) might fit your
>>> bill.
>> good point !
>> I've installed and run it, looks good.
>> but now I need to find a way to link my ldap users to svn roles/authz , I
>> still can't find how to do that wihout creating csvn local accounts for all
>> my users :-( ... !?
> Unless you can guarantee that they will not use Linux or UNIX based
> clients, don't even consider this. The problem is that the Linux and
> UNIX clients, by default, continue to store passwords in clear text.
> They whinge about it now before storing it, but it's still an issue.
>
> Is there any reason you use 'svn' access, rather than HTTPS? The
> mod_dav_svn module works well, even though I detest the clear text
> password problem.
I need my users to be able to work with svn repos both from unix shell
command "svn" or through GUI clients (web browser, eclipse, tortoise ...)
For web (http) acces, it looks good now, indeed if I set ldap users
login name in the global authZ (file edit from the admin collabnet
.../editAuthorization) it works fine .

Now, is collabnet solution able to serve tradition unix shell comand
line clients ? is there a svnserve server behind it or is apache able to
serve those clients using svn protocol too ?
> There remains no good GUI or published toolkit for svn+ssh access
> configuration. This is one of Subversion's profound deficits, combined
> with the password issues with the Linux/UNIX clients.  Various
> companies and groups have internal kits, including Sourceforge, but
> I've never seen their tools published.
Too bad indeed that there is no toolkit for svn+ssh :-(
Can I start aside collabnet (great and easy HTTP interface) a svnserve
serving the same repostories ?
If my unix collabnet server does know and authenticate my ldap users
(with pam_ldap, nss etc ...)
wouldn't they be able to connect to svnserve with their ldap password !?