subversion-users mailing list archives

From Alan Barrett <...@cequrux.com>
Subject Re: svn Farm
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 07:52:58 GMT
On Sun, 17 Oct 2010, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> > What he really wants is an alternate-universe Subversion which never
> > had the plaintext password storage feature in the first place.
>
> I'd settle for being able to block that local use on the server side:

OK, so you want a feature in which the client reports to the server
"here are some important aspects of my configuration", and the server
replies "I don't like <this> aspect of your configuration, so I refuse
to work with you".  I suggest that you write up a proposal for such a
feature, or begin a focused discussion about how such a feature could
work and could be useful.

--apb (Alan Barrett)