subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Pinney" <shaun.pin...@bil.konicaminolta.us>
Subject How to best manage authorization after tag/branch creation?
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 03:37:34 GMT
Hello all,

We've configured Apache to restrict access to certain directories on our trunk
(n.b. via AuthUserFile in httpd.conf).  The problem is now I've created a tag
from our trunk and found that the permissions don't 'automatically' transfer
during creation of the tag.  Obviously, this is because the AuthUserFile is a
text file and needs to be edited manually :).  But, is there an admin tool to
help with this basic task to avoid accidentally providing full access to a tag
(or branch)?  Hopefully, Subversion provides some type of 'smart branch/tag
creation' which can inherit permissions from the source directory.  Please let
me know of the best way to do this.

Thanks,
Shaun