subversion-users mailing list archives

From Justin Georgeson <JGeorge...@lgc.com>
Subject corrupt revision, "Reading one svndiff window read beyond the end of the representation"
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 22:39:49 GMT
I have a repo with >39k revisions. Last week, r39245 was committed, a merge of a single
file from trunk to branch. It is the HEAD revision of that file on that branch. Turns out
this revision is corrupt

[svnadmin@hourdcm3 ~]$ svnadmin verify -r 39245 /repos/prowess
svnadmin: Reading one svndiff window read beyond the end of the representation

I've searched from r30000 to HEAD in this repo and that's the only rev that fails the verify.
All our backup copies have the same issue too. I'm wondering what our options for recovery
are. Some suggestions we have come up with internally are:

1. Developer still has sandbox which reports the parent folder as updated, so have him 'svn
cat' the previous version and commit that, then re-commit the changes from the corrupt revision
2. 'svn rm' the file from the server and re-add it (losing ancestry)
3. Some combination of svndump up to that revision, import to new repo, redo that merge in
new repo, overwrite the revision file with new one
4. delete revision file (seems like bad idea)
5. svn dump up to corrupt revision and everything after bad revision, merge dumps, create
new repo, redo merge

Is there something else we missed? Which of these seems like the safest/easiest?

and delete all copies of this message.