subversion-users mailing list archives

From Mark _ <mark_...@hotmail.com>
Subject svn diff working copy against a different branch
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:09:12 GMT

Hi all,

I have a system where there is a "trunk" and a branch called "branchX".  I have checked out
branchX and merged the trunk code into branchX on my working copy.  I am trying to diff my
working copy against trunk like so:
     svn diff --old=http://path-to-dir/myDirectory --new=myDirectory

the diff compares branchX WITHOUT the modifications in my working copy and shows many differences.

The working copy is definitely identical to trunk becaue when I use the unix style diff (see
below) there are absolutely no differences.

     diff -rux ".svn" myDirectory /home/mark/myDirectory

Is it possible to diff a working copy against code in another branch (trunk in this case)?
 Or is it expected to checkout trunk and use a diff utility every time?

I'm using svn 1.6.5.

Thanks,
Mark