subversion-users mailing list archives

From Mark Wakim <mark_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Tree conflict: local add, incoming add upon merge
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 15:44:24 GMT

Hi all,

I am working on a project where we have trunk, and a branch which I will call BranchX.  A
couple weks ago I added a directory (myDirectory) to trunk, I then did an svn copy to add
that directory to BranchX.

I am now merging the latest changes from trunk into BranchX, but I am getting a conflict:

C myDirectory
      >   local add, incoming add upon merge

There are no code changes between myDirectory in trunk and BranchX.  Why am I getting this
conflict?  I thought svn copy was the proper way to copy files/directories between branches?
 Does anyone know how I can resolve this so that in future commits people will not have to
deal with this conflict again?

Thanks so much!

Mark