subversion-users mailing list archives

From Tennebø Frode <frode.tenn...@saabgroup.com>
Subject RE: SVN "Relay"
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 11:41:20 GMT
> Ok, but that's not what i we at work. The local svn will be a
> "working copy"
> of the external svn. In fact, no user have to use the
> external svn if there's a local svn. The goal of this is the
> limit the access to the WAN.

In that case the WAN repository can be looked on as a mirror/off-line backup of the LAN repository.

You could use rsync to keep an up-to-date mirror on the WAN while the LAN is the active server.
 You need to set up an svn installation on the LAN, rsync (or some other form of copy) the
initial repository from the WAN server to the LAN server.  All uses now use the LAN repository.
 Some cron-job automatically rsyncs the LAN repository back to the WAN server.

Make sure that only this mechanism can touch the WAN repository or you are FUBARed.

 -Frode
--
^ Frode Tennebø               | email: Frode.Tennebo@saabgroup.com ^
| Saab Technologies Norway AS | Isebakkeveien 49                   |