subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: SVN "Relay"
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 09:41:39 GMT

On Aug 2, 2010, at 04:38, Istace Emmanuel wrote:

> Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad english, i’m belgium and i’ll try to do my best.
> I have a little problem. I’ve got a SVN server hosted in WAN. In LAN i’ve got many
user who use this service, but, it’s really « chatty ». I want to make a SVN Relay into
the LAN. This svn server will sync to the WAN server twice per day and my user will connect
to the LAN server and not the WAN server. How can i do that ? Is a sync between two svn server
possible ?

Yes, "svnsync" is the software you are looking for. You can read all about it in the book:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.reposadmin.maint.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.replication

You will probably want to sync constantly, not just twice a day.