subversion-users mailing list archives

From Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: corrupt revision, "Reading one svndiff window read beyond the end of the representation"
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 22:47:04 GMT
Have you tried fsfsverify.py?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 2, 2010, at 6:39 PM, Justin Georgeson <JGeorgeson@lgc.com> wrote:

> I have a repo with >39k revisions. Last week, r39245 was committed, a merge of a single
file from trunk to branch. It is the HEAD revision of that file on that branch. Turns out
this revision is corrupt

> [svnadmin@hourdcm3 ~]$ svnadmin verify -r 39245 /repos/prowess
> svnadmin: Reading one svndiff window read beyond the end of the representation
>
> I've searched from r30000 to HEAD in this repo and that's the only rev that fails the
verify. All our backup copies have the same issue too. I'm wondering what our options for
recovery are. Some suggestions we have come up with internally are:

> 1. Developer still has sandbox which reports the parent folder as updated, so have him
'svn cat' the previous version and commit that, then re-commit the changes from the corrupt
revision
> 2. 'svn rm' the file from the server and re-add it (losing ancestry)
> 3. Some combination of svndump up to that revision, import to new repo, redo that merge
in new repo, overwrite the revision file with new one
> 4. delete revision file (seems like bad idea)
> 5. svn dump up to corrupt revision and everything after bad revision, merge dumps, create
new repo, redo merge

> Is there something else we missed? Which of these seems like the safest/easiest?
>
> This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information
for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive
information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete
all copies of this message.