subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Cannot negotiate authentication mechanisim
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 07:30:24 GMT
Aaron Turner wrote on Fri, 2 Apr 2010 at 18:48 -0700:
> So this works fine for me from Linux and TortioseSVN, but from
> Windows/Cygwin when I try to check out my repo
> (svn://svn.synfin.net/tcpreplay) I get an error "svn: Cannot negotiate
> authentication mechanisim".  I'm using SASL auth on the backend...

That server only offers DIGEST-MD5 authentication.  Natively, Subversion
only knows CRAM-MD5 (if the comments in the source are still accurate;
`grep MD5 subversion/{svnserve,libsvn_ra_svn}/*`).  So I guess you need an
svn binary compiled/configured for SASL support, or to configure the
server to allow CRAM-MD5.