subversion-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Garrod <whidbeyto...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting started with Subversion.
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 01:01:11 GMT
OK, I'm a complete rube. I don't know the second thing about
Subversion (I know it is version control). I need Subversion, and I
don't know where to start. Here are a few facts:

1. I have a foundation.
2. I need collaborators to be able to work together virtually sharing
development files.
3. We are working with graphics, .swf, .as, .fla, XML, XSLT, audio and
video files.
4.  Google Project uses Subversion.
5. I have a Mac with 10.5.8 OS
6. I don't know where to start with Subversion.

I don't know what a binary package is, but I do know I need to have a
version of Subversion on my Mac. Others will need to have a version
for Windows. Let's start with me, what do I need to download? Looking
at the options for Mac OS X, I have no idea which to chose.

Can someone give me a start?

Thomas Garrod, M.Ed.
KeelWorks Foundation
Executive Director