subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Mordkoff" <...@ZeeVee.Com>
Subject RE: Automatic upgrade of wc format annoying on shared drives
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:29:10 GMT
> Jeremy Mordkoff wrote:
> > I second that. I support fedora 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (and soon 12),
various
> > ubuntu releases, plus windows XP, Vista, and Win7, and Mac OS 10.4,
> > 10.5. When one of them upgrades, it causes me to scramble to build
and
> > deploy upgrades to the others.
> >

> But working copies should really be disposable.  As long as you keep
your
> changes commited, if the format is a problem for a different client,
just delete
> it and let that client build what it wants.
>
> --
>    Les Mikesell
>     lesmikesell@gmail.com

Our product also supports that variety of platforms. I request that
changes be tested on all platforms before the changes are committed.
That requires the engineer to either use a project branch or access a
view from multiple machines. Since some machines are shared, sometimes
views get inadvertently upgraded.

Thanks Daniel.

JLM