subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob Archer <Bob.Arc...@amsi.com>
Subject RE: LDAP Group Configuration in AuthzSVNAccessFile
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 15:16:03 GMT
> Thank you for your help but I think you may have misunderstood my
> question.
> In your previous email where you showed the content of your
> AuthzSVNAccessFile file as.  What I am looking for is to be able to is
> where
> you say
>
> [groups]
> developers = Giulio Troccoli, Harpal Panesar
>
> I want to be able to say
> developers = CN=*****,OU=Security Groups,... A group I have defined in
> LDAP.

Are you on windows. I think that VisualSVN server supports doing this. However, I'm not sure
if the free version supports it. But, I am pretty sure they added this feature... it looks
like starting with version 1.5.

Ah yes, from their web site:

---

Configure access permissions

Using VisualSVN Server Manager you can grant or revoke access to specific Subversion sub-trees
with the respect to Active Directory accounts. VisualSVN Server is the only Subversion server
package that lets you to leverage Active Directory groups (such as standard "Domain Users"
or custom "Project Managers").

>From a user perspective, access control in VisualSVN Server looks close to the similar
functionality in the Windows file system. However, there are significant differences which
may cause difficulties for novice Subversion administrators. For detailed description of VisualSVN
Server authorization please consider the KB33 article.

When VisualSVN Server is initially installed, access is permitted for all Windows users. So
you're requested to grant access to selected users while keeping others from accessing confidential
files in your repositories.

---

Once again, I'm not sure if this is in the free version... I'm guessing it is not.

BOb