subversion-users mailing list archives

From Anthony OHagan <Anthony.OHa...@transmax.com.au>
Subject How do you to export/update a pattern filtered subset of a large repository?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 05:56:55 GMT
I have a batch processing application that needs to process a subset of documents of a given
type in a large SVN repository.
I wish to recursively traverse the repository and only export or update documents that match
a pattern.

Ideally I'd prefer to use a recursive pattern in a single export or update command that preserves
the parent directory hierarchy for exported/update files.
Ant scripts, for example, support this type of recursive file name pattern using filesets:
   http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/fileset.html

I failed to find a straightforward way to do this.
Can you either suggest a solution ... or otherwise I will submit an enhancement request.

Thanks,
Tony O'Hagan