subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiple projects per repository and versions
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 15:49:51 GMT
Vikrama Sanjeeva wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Suppose If I have project A and project B in a same repository then
> project B's version will change every time project A has something
> committed to it, even if no work is being done in project B ?
>
> Please confirm my understanding.

The global repository revision number increases with every change, even if it
doesn't affect a project.  However, normally the only revisions you care about
are the HEAD if you want the latest and known previous revision numbers - and it
doesn't matter if there are big jumps between them.  Also, for releases or other
revisions you want to access by your own name/number scheme you can copy to tags
using whatever conventions you like.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com