subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Simon" <tzueskj...@snkmail.com>
Subject Automatic upgrade of wc format annoying on shared drives
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 01:17:35 GMT
We have work directories shared between many physical machines here (via sshfs, nfs, etc).
We also use subversion as our configuration management system for source files.

When a newer client ends up on on of the work machines, it automatically (and silently) upgrades
the wc metadata format of any working copies it touches. This prevents future access of any
of the other clients until the working copies are manually downgraded (such as via: http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#working-copy-format-change
).

This is quite annoying.

I think correct behaviour here is that the client should at least prompt the user to ask if
it should upgrade the wc metadata format before messing with the working copy.

Failing that, is there some way of locking a working copy to a particular version of the wc
metadata format.

Regards,

Simon