subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Can I not use svnadmin load with a remote repository?
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 15:49:14 GMT

On Apr 1, 2010, at 10:45, David Bartmess wrote:

> My company has done a preliminary spec for moving from CVS to Subversion, using the python
script cvs2svn. The cvs2svn script works fine, but when I try to do an svnadmin load of the
dump file created, using the Assembla https URL, it complains that it can't find a "format"
file.

> After quite a bit of web searching, I think I see the problem. The path for the destination
of where to load the dumpfile contents seems to have to be a file path, not a URL. Is this
right?

That is correct.