subversion-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Mott <jeff.mott...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Managing Vendor Branches
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2010 18:41:52 GMT
On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 4:28 AM, Stefan Sperling <stsp@elego.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 09:09:14PM -0800, Jeff Mott wrote:
>> I just discovered that using --ignore-ancestry fixed the problem. This
>> caused SVN to update rather than replace my working copy.
>
> What is the ancestral relationship between the branches containing
> the vendor drops? I assume they are just freshly imported directories?
>
> Stefan

Yes, they are freshly imported directories.

I found in the SVN book where this behavior is explained
(http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.branchmerge.advanced.html#svn.branchmerge.advanced.ancestry).
Fourth paragraph under the "Noticing or Ignoring Ancestry" section.

I only wish they mentioned all this in the Vendor Branches chapter.