subversion-users mailing list archives

From Keith Theman <xray...@hotmail.com>
Subject Why do you need to grant root access to subversion repository??
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 13:25:26 GMT

Hello,

We had been using svn 1.3. We had multiple projects in a single repository, and we had apache
with mod_dav as a front end. We configured the access control list disallow root access:

[myRepo:/]
#* = r

 but then allowed appropriate user access to their project folders:

[myRepo:/myProject]
jdoe = rw

Everything worked great, but then we updated to 1.6 and now we get permission errors unless
we grant EVERYONE read access to the root of the repository! Everyone can see anything in
the repository.... not good.  What is going on?

Ed

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469227/direct/01/