subversion-users mailing list archives

From Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Partially reintegrate changes
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:37:32 GMT
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 7:17 AM, Jacob Weber <jacob@jacobweber.com> wrote:
> Let's say I have a branch where I develop two features, X and Y. I then want to merge
only X back
> into the trunk. I want to do some further development on Y, and merge it into trunk later.
>
> Is this possible with Subversion?

Yes.  When merging from branch to trunk, you would need to specify the
specific revisions to merge.  You could not use reintegrate.  Let's
assume when you commit this merge to trunk that revision 200 is
created.

Back on the branch you should run:

svn merge --record-only -c200 ^/trunk

To record the merge.  Now you can just do normal synch merges with
trunk and reintegrate the branch when you are done.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/