subversion-users mailing list archives

From Felix Gilcher <felix.gilc...@bitextender.com>
Subject Re: Regarding shallow checkouts
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:50:17 GMT
Well, my scenario is simple: I have a repository that contains a folder branches and in that
folder is a branch for every version that is deployed. Deployment is done every second week,
since 2007. So that's a lot of branches. I use shallow checkout to check out the branches
folder and all of its immediate children which gives me a list of existing branches. If I
need to work on one of those, I can pull it easily with svn up --set-depth=infinity.

That's about all.

felix

--
Felix Gilcher

Bitextender GmbH
Paul-Heyse-Str. 6
D-80336 München

Amtsgericht München, HRB 174280
Geschäftsführer: David Zülke, Florian Clever