subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob Archer <Bob.Arc...@amsi.com>
Subject RE: SVNParentPath + Recurse (or recursive)
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 19:16:15 GMT
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Geert van Horrik <geert@catenalogic.com>
> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is this feature planned on the roadmap? I have seen a lot of requests on
> the internet about this feature. What I want is this:
>
> /svn
> /svn/companies
> /svn/companies/mycompany
> /svn/companies/mycompany/product1 *
> /svn/companies/mycompany/product2 *
> /svn/companies/mycompany/product3 *
> /svn/companies
> /svn/companies/theircompany
> /svn/companies/theircompany/product1 *
> /svn/companies/theircompany/product2 *
> /svn/companies/theircompany/product3 *
>
> All items with a * should be a repository.
>
> I don't want to create a custom apache location element, since I need to
> restart apache each time I modify that one. What I want is just one root
> folder (/svn) that contains all my repositories, whether they are or are
> not located directly under the parent.
>
> I also don't want to create a repository per company, because I cannot
> take products out of a repository then (and archive them separately).

I know this isn't what you are asking for. But, rather than have a folder for each company
could you using a naming scheme like this:

/svn
/svn/mycompany_product1 *
/svn/mycompany_product2 *
/svn/mycompany_product3 *
/svn/theircompany_product1 *
/svn/theircompany_product2 *
/svn/theircompany_product3 *

It's not as organized but still all the repos for each company will sort together and you
only have 1 svn root path this way so you can add repos as needed without needing to edit
you apache config.

BOb