subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob Archer <Bob.Arc...@amsi.com>
Subject RE: Preventing "replace" operations
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:44:22 GMT
> We are using subversion. The users have been using Windows explorer to
> drag and drop directories rather than merging. This causes many problems
> for users down the line. Is there a setting that can be added to the
> httpd.conf file to prevent this?

This is a really vague question and I'm not sure what you are looking for.

Are you saying people are copying changes from a branch working copy to the trunk working
copy (for example) rather than doing svn merge... and you want to find some way to stop them
from doing that?

If so... I'm not really sure how you could. The commit of a merge doesn't look any different
than any other commit. So, if there is no way to discriminate between the two commits there
is really no way to block it.

If you mean something else, please clarify your question.

BOb