subversion-users mailing list archives

From Vicky Chester <vicky.ches...@gmail.com>
Subject Network repository
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:12:45 GMT
 Hi all,

I'm looking at setting up an SVN repository using apache. I'd like to be
able to put the repository folder onto a shared network drive and have
apache run on a separate PC. The network drive gets backed up every night
whereas the PC doesn't, hense the split.
When I've been looking round how to setup apache and subversion I'm getting
conflicting views on whether to do this; some are saying that it's better if
the repository is local to the PC apache is on. Can anyone confirm whether
this is a bad idea or not? I have it working but I'm not sure whether it'll
be stable long term.

Many thanks,
Vicky.