subversion-users mailing list archives

From Geert van Horrik <ge...@catenalogic.com>
Subject SVNParentPath + Recurse (or recursive)
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:44:45 GMT
Hi all,

Is this feature planned on the roadmap? I have seen a lot of requests on the internet about
this feature. What I want is this:

/svn
/svn/companies
/svn/companies/mycompany
/svn/companies/mycompany/product1 *
/svn/companies/mycompany/product2 *
/svn/companies/mycompany/product3 *
/svn/companies
/svn/companies/theircompany
/svn/companies/theircompany/product1 *
/svn/companies/theircompany/product2 *
/svn/companies/theircompany/product3 *

All items with a * should be a repository.

I don't want to create a custom apache location element, since I need to restart apache each
time I modify that one. What I want is just one root folder (/svn) that contains all my repositories,
whether they are or are not located directly under the parent.

I also don't want to create a repository per company, because I cannot take products out of
a repository then (and archive them separately).

For example, see this patch<http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2007-12/0273.shtml>.

Best regards,
-----
Geert van Horrik