subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Deleted directory committed to repo translated to ignored directory locally
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:02:25 GMT

On Feb 2, 2010, at 16:34, Dave Purrington wrote:

> The scenario goes like this:
> 	• Homer svn deletes a folder and commits to the repository.
> 	• Marge svn updates, and svn reports the folder Homer deleted ("D   <some folder>")
> 	• Marge runs svn st, some folder is not reported as unversioned.
> However, the folder is still on disk (unversioned, i.e. no .svn folder) and is now ignored
(revealed by "svn st --no-ignore"). What's odd is that I can't even tell how it's being ignored.
Marge doesn't have a matching pattern in her global ignores, and svn propget svn:ignore on
the parent folder reveals nothing useful. All clients using 1.6.6 on Windows.

> What's also strange is that there are plenty of cases where files or folders are deleted
and post update they show up as unversioned items. Why the difference?

I've never heard of that happening. Do you have a reproduction recipe that can recreate this
problem?