subversion-users mailing list archives

From Tony Martin <dd...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Making same source available in 2 areas of the repository
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 23:07:10 GMT
Hi

I have an application that is made up of a windows executable and
several dll's. One of these dll's needs to be worked on directly to
develop and bug fix, however it must also be deployed as source to
allow changes and recompiles when the application suite is deployed to
production. (Probably poorly explained - sorry)

To highlight what I mean here is the folder structure (Windows) of the
installed application on a production machine :

<Program Path>\

		|--- Program.exe

		|--- winDll_1.dll

		|--- winDll_2.dll

		|--- winDll_3.dll

		|--- <Fold for Src for winDll_1>

					|--- {Src files, make files etc for winDll_1}

What I want in Subversion is the following :

Root

	|--- Program
	|		|
	|		|--- Branches
	|		|--- Tags
	|		|--- Trunk
	|				|--- Src for Program.exe
	|							|
	|							|--- Folder for src of winDll_1 (Versioned to match
Program.exe version))
	|--- winDll_1
	|		|
	|		|--- Branches
	|		|--- Tags
	|		|--- Trunk
	|				|--- winDll_1
	/
	/
	|--- winDll_3

			|--- Branches
			|--- Tags
			|--- Trunk
					|--- Src for winDll_3

Can I have :
	- Subversion maintained relationship between Program version and
winDll_1 version
	- A 'symbolic' link from Program version to appropriate winDll_1
version to force winDll_1 export/checkout whenever Program is checked
out etc

Hope this makes sense. If needs be it can be done manually outside
Subversion but not my preference.

Thanks in advance.

Tony