Appartement 405
2 promenade des sapeurs pompiers
94800 Villejuif

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Guillaume <guillaumebadin@gmail.com> wrote:

My problem is not on ACID Transaction, my problem is that we have 3 different projects.
These projects are dependent but are not in the same repository.

ex :
3 projects A, B, C

If I made modifications on A and B :
 - I commit A
 - Other developer commit its own modification of B
 - I cannot commit B (because of conflict)
 - The build is broken until I resolved B conflicts

My needs are If I made modifications on A and B :
 - I lock A & B
 - I commit A
 - I commit B
 - I unlock A & B
 - Other developer commit its own modifications on project B

--
BADIN Guillaume

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Bob Archer <Bob.Archer@amsi.com> wrote:
> I have the same problem too.
> I'm working  in a company using subversion for its projects
> I need to be able to lock folders on the repository before
> committing them to avoid simultanous commits.
>
> --
> Thy

subversion commits are ACID transactions so simultaneous commits will not cause any problems.

If the file your are commiting isn't up to do svn will return an error.

So, if you an I both submit a change to ^/foo.txt one of us will win the other will get an error that foo.txt is out of date and you need to update and commit again. When you update you will get either a clean merge or a conflict. If a conflict you resolve it and then you can commit again.

So, you really don't need to be able to lock folders to avoid simultaneous commits.

BOb