subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob Archer <Bob.Arc...@amsi.com>
Subject RE: Re : need have a begin transaction on different branch
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 17:38:54 GMT
> I have the same problem too.
> I'm working  in a company using subversion for its projects
> I need to be able to lock folders on the repository before
> committing them to avoid simultanous commits.
>
> --
> Thy

subversion commits are ACID transactions so simultaneous commits will not cause any problems.

If the file your are commiting isn't up to do svn will return an error.

So, if you an I both submit a change to ^/foo.txt one of us will win the other will get an
error that foo.txt is out of date and you need to update and commit again. When you update
you will get either a clean merge or a conflict. If a conflict you resolve it and then you
can commit again.

So, you really don't need to be able to lock folders to avoid simultaneous commits.

BOb