subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Permission Denied Error on Pre-commit Java hook
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:01:56 GMT

On Dec 15, 2009, at 04:14, DEVELA Brent wrote:

> I’ve created my very first hook and what it does is that a Python script calls a java
jar file which then creates a file writes something into it. When it is run as a hook, I am
getting a Permission Denied error. The script runs perfectly when its directly run using the
command line. Any help will be appreciated. How do I get around this security issue? The SVN
resides on a Linux box.

How is your repository served -- via apache? or svnserve? As what user is that process running?
Does that user have permission to write to the place where your jar is creating its file?