subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: mount svn as a local driver
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:41:20 GMT

On Dec 16, 2009, at 23:42, 9pbz5ct02@sneakemail.com wrote:

> I would like to mount a part of a svn repository as if it were a networked hard drive.

WebDAV autoversioning does this...

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.webdav.autoversioning.html

> Ideally I would like to be able to choose the revision at mounting time (wherther thats
a number or the head) and keep it at that until re-mounted.

...but not this...

> Also the files would be read only - no autoversioning.

...and I don't know if it can be configured to do this. I guess you could do this with a pre-commit
hook or other authorization scheme.

Alternately, you could have a normal network share on a server, that your users connect to
in a read-only fashion. And that directory on the server could be a working copy, which a
server-side process would "svn up" after every commit, or every so often, to keep it updated.