subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andrey Repin <anrdae...@freemail.ru>
Subject Re: Subversion: integration of certificate based login
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 17:22:12 GMT
Greetings, Markus Oberlassnig!

> we need to integrate certificate based login to subversion, subclipse and
> tortoise.
> Is it possible to configure svn, so that a user (client) can be authorized by a certificate
(X509 and / or PKCS11) without additional login.
> When yes, how can this be done?

A wild guess - either Apache https:// with client certificate authorization, or
(less desirable, unless already used) svn+ssh:// with same client certificate
checks.

> When no, can you give me hints, how to develop this feature or who can develop this feature?

> We also need to read the client certificate from a smart card. Is it correct that we
can use opensc for this feature?

Certificate storage is depends on the client-side realization.
I know a number of systems that allow for complex protection/encryption,
including the use of smart-cards, USB keys etc.
So theoretically, it is possible...

P.S.
Testing new template to reply to corresponding mailing list...
Please tell me (using reply to author!) if this reply appears without the
originating message. And sorry for any possible troubles.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...