subversion-users mailing list archives

From Felix Dorner <felix...@web.de>
Subject Re: Authentication with 1.5/1.6 client against 1.4 server
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:38:21 GMT
Hi Mark,

> > I'm unsuccessfully trying to access a repository via that's protected via an
> > authz file. We suspect it's an incompatibility between client and server,
> > but I'd love if someone could prove otherwise. The error message I get on a
> > checkout is:
> >
> > svn: Not authorized to open root of edit operation
> > If I try the same checkout operation with an older client (1.4), the
> > operation succeeds. See below for the exact versions for which the operation
> > fails.
> >
> > Thanks for any comments.
>
> I have never heard of this happening on a checkout, but it sounds like
> this issue

In the meantime I installed Subclipse 1.2.x on Eclipse 3.5. This solved the above problem,
but I experience something very strange when doing a "Synchronize With Repository" on a Java
File: When I open the compare editor, 'mine' gets modified to match 'theirs'. If I save now,
all my changes are lost! Is this a knwo problem? Is Eclipse 3.5 not supposed to work well
with Subclipse 1.2.x? Sorry for that somewhat of-topic follow up.

Felix