subversion-users mailing list archives

From Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>
Subject Re: mount svn as a local driver
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 01:02:07 GMT
On 12/17/2009 07:41 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2009, at 23:42, 9pbz5ct02@sneakemail.com wrote:
>
>> I would like to mount a part of a svn repository as if it were a networked hard drive.
>
> WebDAV autoversioning does this...
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.webdav.autoversioning.html
>
>> Ideally I would like to be able to choose the revision at mounting time (wherther
thats a number or the head) and keep it at that until re-mounted.

> ...but not this...
>
>> Also the files would be read only - no autoversioning.
>
> ...and I don't know if it can be configured to do this. I guess you could do this with
a pre-commit hook or other authorization scheme.

> Alternately, you could have a normal network share on a server, that your users connect
to in a read-only fashion. And that directory on the server could be a working copy, which
a server-side process would "svn up" after every commit, or every so often, to keep it updated.

You could also use a FUSE filesystem to access it:

http://www.jmadden.eu/index.php/svnfs/

It looks a little dated, but I believe the FUSE API is pretty stable so
this should still work.

Regards,
Blair