subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Hooks
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 02:14:44 GMT

On Dec 14, 2009, at 20:10, Brendan Farr-Gaynor wrote:

> So I think I'm a little bit closer, I had to checkout the repository manually through
the terminal to the web root, now when I manually run my script I see that it indeed updates
the web root, however the hook doesn't seem to run when I change and update a file, I modified
it to add a line to a log:

> echo `date +"%Y%m%d-%H:%M:%S"` >> /var/log/svn_commit
> /Library/WebServer/update_svn >> /var/log/svn_commit

This sends the stdout of update_svn to the log, but discards its stderr. You may want to capture
its stderr as well; it may be printing an error message.