subversion-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Shahaf" <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: 1.13.x and swig-py3 (was: Re: Test failures with Python 3 (Re: PMCs: any Hackathon requests? (deadline 11 October)))
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2019 02:05:41 GMT
Nathan Hartman wrote on Sun, 20 Oct 2019 01:49 +00:00:
> I support this idea even if the soak must restart or be extended.

Brainstorming: How about letting the soak continue but documenting in
the release notes, release announcements, etc., that we'll be adding swig-
py3 support in a patch release?  This way, swig-py2 users will know not
to upgrade from 1.12.x until after the destabilizing changes are made.

I assume the parts of the swig-py3 branch outside subversion/bindings/
aren't destabilizing and would not be a concern to backport in a patch
release.

Cheers,

Daniel